January 8th, 2015

Well Anam did really well today. He went to my doctor's appt with me and impressed everyone. They couldn't believe he was a shelter pup with no previous training and that we had only been together 2 days. He wowed them with his Sit, Lay Down, Walking on a Leash like a Gentleman. When Dr. Bailey came in to talk Anam sat between my feet and then laid down without being told anything at all. Such a gentleman! We came back home and fixed dinner. He still didn't want to eat so I made him some rice. After giving him his meds and tricking him into eating a bit, we did a potty break and then the little heart stealer crawled in my lap and fell asleep.
I got to thinking as I sat there with that puppy head resting in my lap and losing the little bit of feeling I have left in my legs... I'm happy. It's only been a few days that I've had Anam but he's already changing my life. I feel better. My pain level is decreasing which is fantastic considering the cold front blowing through should have me in tears. Anam and I walked a lap around the yard Tuesday and I didn't even notice we had made it back to the house and I wasn't hurting or winded. I'm sleeping better. I want to do things... I made toys for Anam out of a rag rug that was falling apart today and will make him a coat (or try to) tomorrow because he shivers at night when we go out to potty. I didn't realize how sad I was over the recent life events that have happened until I started to feel happy again. I'm singing stupid songs and getting back to the old ME! All thanks to a goofy, big pawed, brown-eyed labrador puppy who loves to snuggle. What's that saying? Whoever said you can't buy love never bought a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment