January 11th, 2015

Crate Training Day 1: Dear God help me! BARK BARK BARK

I have an emotionally betrayed puppy. But I realized I'm exhausted and having to get up and take him out, up early, and asleep late has me warn out. I fell asleep through 2 solid hours of barking. Wow... my mom always said I could sleep through anything. ... guess she's right! But I blame myself. All week we have been inseparable. He's been sick and I'm a push over. The crate was in the garage and I had to get it unburied, pulled out, and cleaned off... so until then he just stayed with me. Now he's "alone" ... but we can make it work.

So after a bit I went to "Save" the poor tortured puppy. Well... he flipped his little puppy mind. I couldn't get him to settle at all. Noises were drowned out by the even louder barking. My spray bottle for my plants was sitting there. .. hmmm... just distilled water... squirt... quiet and quite surprised puppy. Said "Quiet! "... treat... Quick command to sit... puppy sat, opened door, called puppy, command sit again, put on leash, outside for good walk, lots of potty and now cuddles and sleeping off barking for 2 hours. YES! Success for the most part!! Happy Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment