January 6th, 2015

I'm sitting outside the shelter waiting for the vet. Anam has been throwing up A LOT! I called and they had me come straight down. The parvo test came back negative (thank God!) So we do a shot to calm our belly and some 5mg pepcid and then a skin scrap to check what all this itchy stuff is... just to make sure! He was a pretty good boy. We have to watch for a few days to make sure parvo is really off the table though. I don't even want to think about that! It's freezing cold and I'm terrified. I just found this little guy and I don't want to lose him. It breaks my heart to see him sick. Every time he eats, he throws up. They have me feeding him Science Diet. First chance I get... That changes!


Update: The shelter vet called: the skin scrap showed mites but the good news is it's the non-contagious kind so no worries for the other animals or me! I'm going to try to get him to eat some rice or something tonight. I don't know if it's because his tummy hurting or if he hates the dog food but he won't eat. Aughh!! My heart is breaking!!

Surveying his new territory

No comments:

Post a Comment