February 16th, 2015

We had an issue today. Anam loved the snow last time and ran around and had an absolute ball... so today we waited not so patiently for it to build up so we could go out to play for a bit. The deal is we go out and after he goes potty I let him off leash to play as a reward. Today was no different and I'm sure he knew what was up, I could see the excitement on his face. I took the leash off and he was gone... literally. He forgot his name, what come here meant, stop meant nothing, sit was ignored, and I'm pretty sure he had never seen me before. Usually I can walk away like I'm going to leave him and he comes running... not today, he went farther. Went towards him and he ignored me. I was not happy. Here's my awesome dog being a complete idiot in the middle of an ice storm (we're in TN) which has my back and legs in a tizzy and I'm trying to waddle across icy yards to catch him without falling. Suddenly, his brain re-engaged and he looks up with a surprised looked like "Oh Hi! Why didn't you just call me?" and he trots over to me. I put the leash on his collar and he FLIPS OUT. I had to take and use the handle part with lease through it to make a slip collar to get him to the house. It was a full on toddler tantrum because he didn't want to come in! At this point he was soaked. I got a towel and started drying him off on the front porch before letting him in and he decides to act like he's going to bite me. Now mind you he didn't, it was more of a mouthing thing and a threat but still not something I approve of. He really got his feelings hurt when I grab his muzzle and shut his mouth with a firm No. He came inside and went to his kennel to pout for almost an hour... he's really good at holding a grudge. Ohhhh I can't wait til he grows out of this phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment